I always remembered this true story by Arthur.
"I was at a friend's wedding dinner. Because we don't have much mutual friends, i was seated at a table full of strangers. Beside my seat at the table was a guy, trying to dress smart, but with a fail, and he's covered in tattoos. Sleeve tattoos.
"Being an icebreaker, I tried talk to him. He responded. So we were having a small chat at the table and I asked him, 'What do you do for a living?' He responded sharply, 'Whoa, you don't want to know wad I am doing. not very cool.'
'Come on bro, I'm good. what kind of people i have not met?'
'You wont want to get into the underground society. Gangs, fights, drugs, illegal stuff, anything underground I do. Now don't mess around with me.'
'Oh, okay okay. Gaolat. To be doing until even now must not be easy.'
'So, what do u do?'
'... I do MLM.'
"The guy fell off his chair.
Funny scenario, that such an industry can scare off even the fiercest underworld leader. But on a side note, that has given me a confidence boost to not be afraid of anyone whichever industry they are in.
And. I think I have the confidence to face the underworld given such a 'glorious' background. Haha.
你走黑道,我走魔道