Do not dwell in the past,
Do not dream of the future,
Concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Ahteo's "PROFILE"
Whoever I am.

Happily married
Proud daddy of 2 kids







Away to them
♥Aixin ♥Amanda Lee ♥Andy ♥Audrey ♥Bethia ♥Chin Ping ♥Clovis ♥Cynthia ♥Zhen En ♥Bang Jie ♥Kang Lih ♥Dwayne ♥Jiayi ♥Junjie ♥Kang Rui ♥Liting ♥Lun Kuang ♥Pamela ♥Shaun Tan ♥Shermin ♥Weixiang ♥Wilson Tan ♥Xiying ♥Xinzhen ♥YeeLing ♥YiLing ♥Yvonne Lim ♥Yuekai


Memories of Friends
♥January 2008
♥April 2008
♥July 2008
♥October 2008
♥January 2009
♥April 2009
♥July 2009
♥October 2009
♥November 2009
♥December 2009
♥January 2010
♥February 2010
♥March 2010
♥April 2010
♥June 2010
♥July 2010
♥August 2010
♥November 2010
♥December 2010
♥January 2011
♥May 2011
♥July 2011
♥August 2011
♥November 2011
♥December 2011
♥January 2012
♥March 2012
♥July 2012
♥August 2012
♥September 2012
♥October 2012
♥December 2012
♥February 2013
♥March 2013
♥June 2013
♥September 2013
♥October 2013
♥November 2013
♥January 2014
♥February 2014
♥March 2014
♥May 2014
♥June 2014
♥July 2014
♥August 2014
♥October 2014
♥January 2015
♥February 2015
♥April 2015
♥July 2015
♥September 2015
♥October 2015
♥January 2016
♥February 2016
♥April 2016
♥July 2016
♥December 2016
♥March 2017
♥April 2017
♥June 2017
♥October 2017
♥January 2018
♥August 2018
♥December 2019
♥June 2020
♥January 2021
♥March 2021
♥June 2021
♥July 2021
♥October 2021
♥November 2021
♥December 2021
♥January 2022
♥February 2022
♥March 2022
♥April 2022
♥May 2022
♥June 2022
♥July 2022
♥August 2022
♥September 2022
♥October 2022
♥November 2022
♥December 2022
♥February 2023
♥March 2023
♥May 2023
♥June 2023
♥July 2023
♥September 2023
♥October 2023
♥November 2023
♥December 2023
♥February 2024
♥March 2024
♥April 2024
♥May 2024
♥June 2024
♥July 2024
♥August 2024
♥September 2024
♥November 2024
♥January 2025
♥March 2025
♥May 2025
♥June 2025
♥July 2025
♥August 2025
♥September 2025
♥November 2025
♥December 2025
♥January 2026
♥March 2026
♥May 2026
♥July 2026
♥August 2026


Upcoming project: The 10-year plan
Friday, November 5, 2021 10:54 PM


Just not too long ago I was jogging past some condo along the outskirts of Woodlands. A thought came to my mind. 

"How do these people afford a condo???"

That set me thinking. Yea, how ah?


After my run, I immediately started searching online on condos. Different locations. Different sizes. Different pricing. And then, some rough calculations struck me; perhaps, If I work hard enough and gave myself enough time, would I be able to afford a condo?

...


...


Challenge accepted.

Next day I started some planning. Drafted out an excel spreadsheet listing down a few asset sources:

- Liquid Cash

- CPF

- Insurance Saving Plan

- My current property price appreciation

- Portfolio


And I gave myself a target. 10 years. Not too long, not too short. 10 years could make a lot of difference considering how much I have achieved over the past 10 years.





I'm going to start my 10-year plan from Jan 2022 onwards. This last couple of months are more of a prep / buffer phase; To give myself as much a headstart into the 10-year plan as possible.

I shall update my financial status here every now and then; to remind myself how much I have progressed, plus give me that motivation to keep on track. It is definitely not easy, compared to some of my peers who already got themselves a condo just a few years into their career. I did not have that luxury, having graduated with poor grades, no savings, plus I landed myself onto heavy responsibilities early. Now, since my financial status has sort of stabilised, I should give myself a chance to make it big in my 40s, like what most ppl my age group will be in a decade's time.


First; I will only update about my stock portfolio here. Considering that this is the only component that I have the most control over. CPF just wait for money to come in, Property value is dependent on market conditions and either way I can't do anything about it, my insurance saving plan is waiting to mature and well cash? Sorry I prefer to dump them all into stocks except for leaving a few thousands for rainy days.

Second, I wanted to report my portfolio value minimally as at the time of blogging. Dividends are probably a optional if there is good news or if I remember. 

Third, I will also like to share some sentiments about the market conditions and my strategy, so I can refer back to these "notes" for planning.

Fourth, I will give a progress (in percentage) of my total target for stock portfolio. I must say, it is a very steep climb from the value I have now. On top of pumping in funds into my portfolio and looking for value stocks, I may also need to learn some "speculative" trading. To do that, I need to buff up my warchest. The amount now is real pathetic.


I try not to be shy hahah, well I know no one's reading it but maybe some hacker who come across and see this faggot growing money somewhere may set their attention on me. hmm. I need to be careful if that happens. Hopefully not.


Signing off! looking forward to my first update on this financial journey, SOON!





---------------- ----------------- ------------------

PS:


I just came across what I wrote 8 years ago:

https://poiuytrewq-lkjhgfdsa-mnbvcxz.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-next-boom-2030s.html

OMG How did I even revive that thinking after 8 years without knowing it? What sorcery is this!?




All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.