This month I tried to play reduce loss. Since I've identified some of my holdings that probably would never financially recover. Did ok with GKE and Rex, out a bit when it spiked for a brief moment. But the unrealised loss sank it even further.
2 major mistakes i made - food and Avi-Tech. For food I probably have known there isn't much catalyst buoying the stock price. I should have exited when I was still at a profit. Now because of negative sentiment by the Russia news it tanked more than 30 pips.
Avi-Tech was more obvious. The support point keeps getting lowered, from 0.195 to 0.19 and down to 0.18. Could have exited painfully at 0.195 cos it was quite thick. Now having to exit at 0.18 its even more painful. So now thinking if I should just out all or wad. Short term pain.
Cashed out on IX biopharma. But the 2nd round entered a bit, but missed the peak. So now sitting on a few dollars. Might bounce, idk, at least I got more entry positions ahead.
Anyway Avi-Tech and food empire got me this month. I am down at least 1k cos of them. Need to plan to recover or bail them out.
Macro wise, market is not optimistic. There's been calls for sell off across regions. Fed Interest rates hiked 25 bp, oil prices returned to above $100 and that spells more cost for many sectors reliant on energy and financing. All my stocks took a hit.
October I think is time to again, reduce losses as we go. I think I want to out Avi-Tech and GKE fully, rex - see how. I think I've acclimatised to seeing red trades now.
Update 58: